• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LTB 34x10.5 on 8 inch rims

The_Rock

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking about running 34x10.5 LTBs but I was worried about mounting them on a 8 inch rim rather than a 7 for low air pressure bead popping. Anyone running them on 8 inch rims and what air pressure are you running them at.

The_Rock said:
I'm thinking about running 34x10.5 LTBs but I was worried about mounting them on a 8 inch rim rather than a 7 for low air pressure bead popping. Anyone running them on 8 inch rims and what air pressure are you running them at.

I run my ltb's on 15x8's......at 5 psi on the trail w/ no issues.

John

haha what trail you dirt driveway i call bs on this. 10 psi is where most tire/rim combos begin to seperate under heavy abuse (yes it does happen at higher pressures) slightly slimmer rims will help hold on your tires but i would go with 8's because if you get a different tire some day your not stuck with super narrow. 12psi should give you plenty of flex in the tires and still keep the tire on the rim. 8's will also keep the tire off the lca's a little more.

bj-666 said:
haha what trail you dirt driveway i call bs on this. 10 psi is where most tire/rim combos begin to seperate under heavy abuse (yes it does happen at higher pressures) slightly slimmer rims will help hold on your tires but i would go with 8's because if you get a different tire some day your not stuck with super narrow. 12psi should give you plenty of flex in the tires and still keep the tire on the rim. 8's will also keep the tire off the lca's a little more.

X2

bj-666 said:

Call BS all you wank Jacka$$, lets see, what dirt trails, not many, mostly rocks.....Slick rock, Upper 2, Guardrail and Helicopter pad at Tellico, and all the trails at Uwharrie NF. At 12 psi it doesnt flex enough. I have came close to blowing a bead, but it hasent happened yet. Come down to Tellico in March and you can see first hand how will they do at 5 psi.

Rim screws.

johnh2os said:
Call BS all you wank Jacka$$, lets see, what dirt trails, not many, mostly rocks.....Slick rock, Upper 2, Guardrail and Helicopter pad at Tellico, and all the trails at Uwharrie NF. At 12 psi it doesnt flex enough. I have came close to blowing a bead, but it hasent happened yet. Come down to Tellico in March and you can see first hand how will they do at 5 psi.

must have been easy with that guy using a strap to pull ya all tha way:kissyou:
rember it's just the internet don't get your panties in a bunch.

anway i know people like you who run 4-5 on no beedlock rims some trails they don't have probs some they do. unless you bust out the winch when the going gets tough i find it hard to beleive that you keep those tires on the rim as much as you say you do.

Thanks, Since these are not going to be a problem on my old rims I'm realy thinking of going this way rather than 33x12.5s. I'll have to try some diffrent air pressures myself and see what I like since I don't have experiance running a bias ply.

While it's not an XJ, I know someone who runs 34x10.5 LTBs on 6" rims at 4 PSI all the time. Dirt, snow, rock, sand. Vehicle weight is a huge factor is your tire/rim choice. A 10.5 tire, I'd run on 7" rims all day and be happy.

Ultimately, it's your choice.

Erik

I ran them at 15 psi on 8" rims with no issues. Mostly alot of muddy trails, with hardly any rocks, awesome tires though. They sure will rattle your teeth on the road though. But its a swamper, what do you expect.

if you go on interco web site i think they recommend that these tires be mounted on 8 inch rims , if that means anything?

Back