• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys rear springs

I have a set of the rustys 6.5 in rear springs and ive had them under my xj for about 7-8 months now and i was doin my dana 44 swap today and realized that my bushings were already worn out... really wierd..also my center pin looked bent so i took it off and it was horrible...i know i have bad axle wrap and im guessing thats what the bent pin is from what about the bushings..is that caused by axle wrap? I think im goin to go and get a new set of leaf springs cause im really not liking the rusty's i have...rubicon express? or is there an easy mod to get longer springs under the jeep..Chevy's like the toyota guys?

called rusty?

he might send you new parts and be interested to hear about this...

IMO for a 6.5" lift to ride right, you need to do something other than 6.5" packs - that much arch would yeild a less than desireable on road ride, and probably not flex as desired...

a shackle, small block and some less arched springs would probably suit you better - I.E. 3/4" block, 1.25" lift shackle and some 4" lift springs...

just my thoughts...

XJ_ranger said:
called rusty?

he might send you new parts and be interested to hear about this...

IMO for a 6.5" lift to ride right, you need to do something other than 6.5" packs - that much arch would yeild a less than desireable on road ride, and probably not flex as desired...

a shackle, small block and some less arched springs would probably suit you better - I.E. 3/4" block, 1.25" lift shackle and some 4" lift springs...

just my thoughts...

Or 4.5" springs 1" block and 3/4" shackle, I am running rusty's stuff, had a sagging arse end and rusty took care of it. Runs great.

Back