• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ won't start???

KY-XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just got back from out of town and the Jeep dies when I stop to check the mail. I drove approx. 150 miles and the Jeep ran great. I came to a complete stop not 5 min. before I got home and no problems. WTF?!?!? The only thing I did to it was on Tuesday morning which was shocks, fuel filter and an oil change. I left out on Wed. morning and no troubles until now. Anyone have any suggestions? Ideas? Anything? I have checked my Batt. cables and connections at the starter, the coil wire and nothing seems out of place to me. All connections are snug and no broken wires or anything.

Thanks.

Year and engine size?
Start with the basics: Spark(at the plugs), Fuel(on the rail or unhook a hose), and air(self explanatory).

KY-XJ said:
I just got back from out of town and the Jeep dies when I stop to check the mail. I drove approx. 150 miles and the Jeep ran great. I came to a complete stop not 5 min. before I got home and no problems. WTF?!?!? The only thing I did to it was on Tuesday morning which was shocks, fuel filter and an oil change. I left out on Wed. morning and no troubles until now. Anyone have any suggestions? Ideas? Anything? I have checked my Batt. cables and connections at the starter, the coil wire and nothing seems out of place to me. All connections are snug and no broken wires or anything.

Thanks.
You ran out of gas?

I had a problem with mine almost just like that shortly after i bought it.And it was the crankshaft position sensor wires touching the exhaust and they had burned through and shorted out...(after the guy i bought it from replaced the ecm and distributor and then called me for an over the phone diagnosis They put the ckps in it and it fixed it. But the dorks left the wires touching the header and sold it to me .........the guy who diagnosed it for them) what a couple of schmucks!!!!!!!!!!

Back