• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TracBar Length- 3 inch lift

ChuckstrPT

NAXJA Member #791
So I'm putting on my RE adjustable trac bar, and it looks pretty close visually, but there appears to be some angularity of the LCA's? I've got 3 inch coils up front, and 3 inch leaves in back. My measurement looks like between 31.25 and 31.50 on the truck. Anyone know what this should be for 3 inches of lift?? Not sure what it is supposed to be. It looks just a little more towards the drivers side? Maybe 1/4 inch? That shouldn't show much angularity at the LCA's should it? I thought the LCA's were relatively straight from body to axle mount? Am I wrong? Even if I move the axle toward the passenger side 1/4 inch, it shouldn't look that much different should it?
Thanks for any help!

ok, so I adjusted it a few times, and I think I've got it right. But there was some confusion. Let me make one assumption- when I got the alignment after the lift with stock track bar, I am assuming the shop straightened my steering wheel. Before I installed adjustable track bar, steering wheel was slightly off. I figured when I align the axle, steering wheel will be staight. Well, when I had the axle straight, the steering wheel was further off! That threw me for a loop. Well, when I was satisfied with the axle centering, I just loosened the collar, and straightened out the steering wheel myself. Is that copesetic?? I really was hesitant to start messing with the steering, but is seem to make sense in my little brain. And the measurement is awfully close to 32inches? That doesn't seem enough different from stock to make a difference?
Am I close? Thanks!

At 3" I have my RE 1600 adj trac bar all the way into the tube. The adj end is at the position that makes the trac bar as short as it will go. Measure from a solid point on yor XJ body (coil tower or shock body) to a point on your tires. Measure the same 2 places on the opposite side. The 2 measurements should be close to the same. You want the axle in the center of the truck. To adjust the steering wheel, loosen the 2 clamps on the short (2 - 3 ") tie rod adjusting tube and crank that tube around until your steering wheel levels out.

Back