• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ball Joints cost?

marcusguy

NAXJA Forum User
I went to get ball joints for the d30 yesterday and was shocked at the prices. First I asked about the offset ones and those were just over $100 each. The standard replacement ball joints were something like $68 each. This was at NAPA. What is a good price for ball joints? I expected it to be much lower.

Marcus

Autozone, I paid $118 for all four. I rented the ball joint press from them while I was at it (yes, you'll need it and a good breaker bar too.) I believe the lower ones through them are by Dana and the uppers were by McQuay-Norris. Both reputable brands.

Also, quadratec has kits that contain the upper and lower for $46.95 http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sg...0&UREQA=1&UREQB=2&FNM=13&UID=2003071614500750

That'll run you a little less, but I'm not sure what shipping would bring that price up to. That's why I decided to do the Autozone route.

As far as NAPA and D30 stuff I like their axle U-joints. They may cost a bit more but, they are way better quality than the cheapies they have at Autozone and Advanced Auto Parts made by BruteForce.

Mark

Last edited:
Windrock Offroad has really good prices...i got the one for ethe Give -Away Xj there

I got mine at 4WD hardware for $20 per joint, upper or lower. I think it was right at $50 to my door for one upper and one lower---Dave

Back