• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SoCal Chapter end of the year meeting

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Will be held on Sunday December 4th at 2pm @ Fuddruckers in Buena Park(
7802 Orangethorpe Ave, Buena Park, CA 90621).

Planned agenda:
1. SoCal Chapter Meet&Greet and the introduction of the newly elected BOD (whoever they might be :D Btw, I hear that Abstain might be making a top secret appearance).
2. Finances: state of the SoCal Chapter finances will be announced.
3. 2006 event planning: so think about what where and how.
4. Drawing for all the attendees: all that show up will receive a coupon for a drawing that will be held sometime during the meeting (incentive to be early and stay for the duration ;) )
5. Planning for the maintenance of the adopt a trail
6. An announcement of an ongoing top secret project!

Non-members are also welcome!

The event planning schedule that came out of a similar meeting last year didn't work very well (to say the least). I highly recommend that comments be taken, and the chapter board sit down and work out a workable and sensible schedule.

Setting up events is much more than just seeing who wants to go where when. Timing, opportunities, facilities, and leadership all need to be taken into consideration. That is very difficult to do with a large group.

Goatman said:
The event planning schedule that came out of a similar meeting last year didn't work very well (to say the least). I highly recommend that comments be taken, and the chapter board sit down and work out a workable and sensible schedule.
Setting up events is much more than just seeing who wants to go where when. Timing, opportunities, facilities, and leadership all need to be taken into consideration. That is very difficult to do with a large group.
Richard I agree. I think that too many events were chosen to be "semi official" last year and for the most part participation was poor.
I think that as you say, the meeting will be a spot to get suggestions and ideas as to what people are interested in and then an official event schedule could be posted around first of the year with understanding that it will be impossible to make everyone happy.

How 'bout people make suggestions to trips and date here in this thread 9or start another if you like). They suggestor must be willing to be the trip leader. then the BOD can choose a quarterly trip and present them at the meeting. Or something like that.

karstic said:
How 'bout people make suggestions to trips and date here in this thread 9or start another if you like). They suggestor must be willing to be the trip leader. then the BOD can choose a quarterly trip and present them at the meeting. Or something like that.
How 'bout they think about what they want to suggest and talk about it during the meeting? If they can't make it to the meeting they can send me a message and I'll read the suggestions during the meeting (if you send me a message about a trip, please make sure that I confirm receiving it)

Kejtar said:
How 'bout they think about what they want to suggest and talk about it during the meeting? If they can't make it to the meeting they can send me a message and I'll read the suggestions during the meeting (if you send me a message about a trip, please make sure that I confirm receiving it)

Hey Remi, you lost me at the word "meeting". Actually, I have someplace to be Sunday ;) afternoon/early evening so I can't attend (and I despise meetings), but take these words of advice with a grain of salt.

When I ran an advocacy club (pedal not throttle), all meetings except one were kept to a time limit. That time limit was listed on the agenda next to the topic (the meeting time was broken down by agenda item) and there was no deviation from that unless there was valuable discussion. At that point, the discussion was moved to the end of the meeting so those that wanted to stay could and rant and rave at will. Everyone else could go about their business.

Open discussion is great but it can be a facuet that is difficult to turn off. Once it over runs the sink everyone gets wet and none are too happy about it.

Time limits, my boy, time limits. I've found that attention span for a meeting of any sort is no more than one hour. :)

gcurtis said:
Hey Remi, you lost me at the word "meeting". Actually, I have someplace to be Saturday afternoon/early evening so I can't attend (and I despise meetings), but take these words of advice with a grain of salt.

When I ran an advocacy club (pedal not throttle), all meetings except one were kept to a time limit. That time limit was listed on the agenda next to the topic (the meeting time was broken down by agenda item) and there was no deviation from that unless there was valuable discussion. At that point, the discussion was moved to the end of the meeting so those that wanted to stay could and rant and rave at will. Everyone else could go about their business.

Open discussion is great but it can be a facuet that is difficult to turn off. Once it over runs the sink everyone gets wet and none are too happy about it.

Time limits, my boy, time limits. I've found that attention span for a meeting of any sort is no more than one hour. :)
Sat?? It's on Sunday :D

Kejtar said:
Sat?? It's on Sunday :D

Sorry Remi, my post says Sunday! ;)

Seriously, after years of running a club and being at meeting after meeting after meeting after meeting with the club, board of directors, Forest Service, Irvine Company, County of Orange, water districts, other clubs, Tupperware parties, land owners etc, I'm meeting'd out. All I'll do is sit in the back whilst I groan and fart. Really, not good to have at a meeting and rather disruptive. ;)

In short, Remi, I'm retired from meetings. :)

Kejtar said:
6. An announcement of an ongoing top secret project!

A product that removes herculiner? :D

This guy can use this

cracker said:
A product that removes herculiner? :D

This guy can use this

OMG, I hurt from laughing so hard at that story. I do not think I will ever touch Rhino/Hercu-liner.....

IIRC last year, people starting showing up around 1 pm to hang out in the parking lot. Then we were inside the restaurant for a couple of hours. And then more hanging out in the parking lot. So maybe 5 pm??

C'mon by Cupcake. I'm sure people would like to meet you...and slap you around a bit. :laugh3:

kev0 said:
how long do you guys think you are gonna be out there?

FROM AN EARLIER PM re: fender flares,

Bent said:
To avoid any confusion, what is the date, month and year of the Sunday we are refering to?

kev0 said:
if you can find someone that is going to the meeting on sunday i can drop by after 3 when i get off of work let me know thanks

!!!!!!! i am just making sure there is gonna be other people there it is gonna take more than you to beat me up cuz of JV

cupcake

Back