• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TrXus MT tread width(33') + Backspacing

CameronB

NAXJA Forum User
OK, here's the deal. I really want these tires, as I think they'd suit my needs perfectly.
BUT, I have 4.5" lift and 4.5" BS on new 7.5" wide rims. The plan so far has been 33x10.50s (BFG MTs) and lots of trimming/new flares.

I've been researching actual tire dimensions, and these are a true 33" tall, but Tread Width is only 9.6". Would this work? Isn't this the measurement I truly need to be concerned with, instead of the stated '10.50' or '12.50'.

Thanx

since you will be going with 10.50s you can get away with it. but at full flex you aint gonna make the 33s with only 4.5 with the trimming is a shot in a grey area. i would add a bumpstop and call it good.

but thats just me.

CameronB said:
OK, here's the deal. I really want these tires, as I think they'd suit my needs perfectly.
BUT, I have 4.5" lift and 4.5" BS on new 7.5" wide rims. The plan so far has been 33x10.50s (BFG MTs) and lots of trimming/new flares.

I've been researching actual tire dimensions, and these are a true 33" tall, but Tread Width is only 9.6". Would this work? Isn't this the measurement I truly need to be concerned with, instead of the stated '10.50' or '12.50'.

Thanx

Jes is running an RE 4.5" lift and 33x12.5 MTR's and has TJ flares. I ran close to this setup up too, if your not afraid to trim, you'll be fine with or with out the Bumpstops. Is it a perfect setup, no but can be done, and your running a 9.5" wide tire.

Back