• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake line with 14 bolt

88rockxj

NAXJA Forum User
tried searching but couldnt find what i was looking for, whats everyone using for a rear brake line with thier 14 bolt? should i reflare the hard line and run a brake line for a 14 bolt? or run an xj line and reflare the hard lines on the 14 bolt? or do i even need to reflare them? thanks for any info

there is probably only 2 or 3 people on this site running a 14 bolt under an XJ. This totally depends on the fittings needed at the drums/calipers. I would leave the hardlines on the axle and do whatever adapting required with the flex-hose or braided line between the body and axle.

On mine I have disc brake and I bought flex lines for the calipers and used 2-8" hardlines off the flex lines and ran it to the top of the chunk the ran my braided line down to it, and it works out perfect.

Back