• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle swap started

xjj33p3r

NAXJA Member #1108
Sans axle:
Sansaxle.jpg

I'll post up pictures of what's going in later on...

Hope you get a couple of jack stands under that soon, one big gust of wind and it's history.

that's what I thought at first too but...they're under there.

come on... more info than that...

what do you have - what are you going to - why? cost involved?

:D

I've got 2 jack stands holding up the body, the hi-lift is just extra. I'll be going with a Ford 9, 65" width, 31 spline, detroit, 4.56's, and possibly shaved housing. Also, going to be using the T&T U-bolt eliminators, and I'm going to strech the wheel base a bit. Life is good fellas. Oh, total cost of everything is around $850... smokin deal for a bolt in axle.

xjj33p3r said:
I've got 2 jack stands holding up the body, the hi-lift is just extra. I'll be going with a Ford 9, 65" width, 31 spline, detroit, 4.56's, and possibly shaved housing. Also, going to be using the T&T U-bolt eliminators, and I'm going to strech the wheel base a bit. Life is good fellas. Oh, total cost of everything is around $850... smokin deal for a bolt in axle.

bolt in? where did you but it from? damn 850 is cheap for a bolt in unit...

old_man said:
Hope you get a couple of jack stands under that soon, one big gust of wind and it's history.
That's what I was thinking,old man.

I can't even get mine to stay like that...when I try to lift it it always falls to one side,even with the tires chocked....

oops never mind I just noticed the jack stands under there.......

XJ_ranger said:
bolt in? where did you but it from? damn 850 is cheap for a bolt in unit...
My friend is cutting me an awesome deal, so it's very possible that I can get a front 44 as well, but at the moment, I'm gunna run the d30 as long as I can, but if I can sell that, I'd get that front 44 as well, with gears and I think an ARB... think they'll hold up with those 34's? :D

xjj33p3r said:
My friend is cutting me an awesome deal, so it's very possible that I can get a front 44 as well, but at the moment, I'm gunna run the d30 as long as I can, but if I can sell that, I'd get that front 44 as well, with gears and I think an ARB... think they'll hold up with those 34's? :D

so far no issues wuth 33's on 76 f-150 1/2 ton driveline for me...

34's might be too much though :D

for the whole week you've had 4wd?

Well, I figure that I could run some pretty big tires if I choose to swap out the front later on... the terrain in Texas isn't as brutal as some might think, plus I'm a pretty cautious guy. Either way, I'm always prepaired when it comes to having spares.

Ramsey said:
for the whole week you've had 4wd?

nope

i still dont have 4x4

no front driveshaft...

but no issues on the axles :D :D

Doh!

Back