• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Cherokee Plans

cshontz

NAXJA Forum User
[img:85eb641926]http://www.s5di.com/cshontz/whitexj.gif[/img:85eb641926]

- IPF 868 Driving Lights [color=red:85eb641926]DONE[/color:85eb641926]
- Old Man Emu Suspension
- 30x9.50R15 BFGoodrich All-Terrains
- Uniden 510/520
- 2' Firestik CB Antenna
- Drawtite Front and Rear
- MP3/CD RF Changer
- JJUSA Body Mounted Rock Rails
- Manual Lockers (arb likely)
- Sway Bar Disconnects
- Remove Tacky Pinstripe

I'm so excited. Wish I was able to outfit it like that right away, but this list will most likely be completed over time. The items in the list are in no particular order. Cherokees rock!

WTF?

The XJ avatar plastered itself over the text of the message so I could only read the bits that extended beyond the pic. Is it just my browser or has anyone else had the same problem?

DON"T REMOVE THE PINSTRIPE!!!! :lol: I think they fit that style white cherokee very nicely. Plus, where mine is starting to fall off.....it is pulling the sticker up with it. If you pull them off and you ahve the black sticker all over the place...that will be the tackyness. Seems like an all right plan so far though...just wanted to comment on the pinstripe. _nicko_

No, no ... we're talking about two different pin stripes. The body side molding Sport trim with the red stripe stays. I've looked into removing that, and its not worth the trouble. However, there is a thin, dealer-applied, pin stripes running front to back at the upper body crease ... you can see it right below the door handles. :)

Man Chris - you just have too much free time on your hands!

Even if you don't plan on any hard wheeling, skid plates and rock rails would be my first addition.

How about getting a budget boost (longer shakles & spacers) on top of your OME, another trackbar (@ Rustys) and some 31x10.5 tires ? I´m running exactly that setup and I´m very satisfied with it. And how about some skid plates and rockrails ? 8)

Greetings from Germany !

Greetings, Gerbil! While I do want a 3" lifted w/ 31" tire application, it is not on the agenda for this XJ, because of its "family car" status. The vanilla Old Man Emu suspension will keep it nice and simple.

If I was to get a trail Cherokee, I'd definately go the 3" and 31" tire route. Perhaps in several years from now when this Cherokee retires from family hauling duty. :)

I am going ahead with rock rails, but nothing else. I do not plan on running trails that would compromise any other part of the undercarriage. I have a TJ equipped for such trails.

My last Cherokee had rock rails (wonder where they ended up), and a Tomken gas tank skid. The gas tank skid came in handy, particularly after an e-brake failure that caused the Cherokee to crash into a pile of scrap transfer cases!

[img:913a2d175a]http://www.s5di.com/cshontz/transfers/xjmishap.jpg[/img:913a2d175a]

I had our new Cherokee on the ramp yesterday! It didn't do too well. :p

I was very conscious of the stability of the Cherokee while backing up the ramp. I dared not back up any further for fear of dumping it. I just wanted to get a "look-at-me-doing-a-trick" poser shot.

[img:a142247821]http://www.s5di.com/cshontz/rampxj2.jpg[/img:a142247821]

Hey Stroker...jump under thar and unhook the rear driveshaft fer me real quik like...please!

Chris...what digicam are ya using?

Very nice pics...what's one of them run?

Your hereby appointed to take the photo's at any and all NAC gatherings. If you ever wheel again that is.... :shock: :wink: It's been a long time man..

You realize that the "1st official Winter Wheelin Ho-Down" was 5 years ago?...where'd the time go?

5 years ago? Holy smokes. Man, I don't know where the time goes, but that is scary. I'm still on the trail alot ... usually small club gigs, sometimes with OK4WD ... and sometimes independent runs. Look forward to another Winter Wheelin Ho-Down, which was very memorable. Nothing makes things more interesting than involuntary loss of control of a stationary vehicle. :)

This was my last outing:
http://www.s5di.com/cshontz/102702/index.htm

I document every trail ride pretty thoroughly like this, and post it on the web for a couple months. The camera was just obsoleted by a Canon Powershot G3 ...the G2 and the G3 run between 7 and 8 bucks.

Back