• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How many of y'all.....

CanMan

NAXJA Forum User
.......actually pop out or shatter windows out 4 wheelin? A Toy buddy of mine says there notorious for that being a Unibody and all, but once again he's a Toy guy. Ive yet to see it, and was wonderin if anyone else has had a problem.

I busted the rear cargo one two weeks ago, but it wasn't from the body flexing. A tree jumped out and smashed it for me.

BRIANHO13 said:
I busted the rear cargo one two weeks ago, but it wasn't from the body flexing. A tree jumped out and smashed it for me.
X2

Damn jumping trees!

But never broken one from flex.

Last edited:
I had a customer call about 6 months ago and said he had.......he was
starting a new build of a newer XJ, ordered the stiffy system, said he wanted
this one to last abit longer.........up until that phone call, never heard of
anyone flexing thier glass out....

Hmmmm.....4 years and counting and nothing yet...:dunno:

I've had two of those jumping trees take out glass.Actually had a stump take out my sunroof,yeah that was a tuff one.
33898456-a518-02000180-.jpg

Save yourself some clean up time tint the windows, when they shatter the tint holds everything together.

BRIANHO13 said:
The same tree got my DS vent window. When I rolled my 97 none of the windows popped out. JIM.

I wheeled my rig enough and the unibody finally got so limp it would flex more than the suspension. The last straw was shattering the windshield due to flex. My rig has been bent up and pushed back out a number of times.

I know guys with 2 door models that have had this happen but it takes alot of flex-to-slam. Aside from that...damn trees jumping out!

I've actually had my rear window pop out twice *because of cargo pushing it out*, it hit the cement ground, and didn't bust, proving that tint will save your glass. I really don't understand how it hit the ground twice and still stayed intact, but oh well :dunno:

Back