• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Ride To benefit UCP

cherokeekid95

NAXJA Forum User
I new here but I am a member of the Keystone Krawlers. Located in PA of all places. we are hosting a trail ride called UCP on the rocks. Its a run at Paragon and Rausch Creek. August 9th at Paragon Adventure Park. and Aug. 10th at Rausch Creek. Both parks are donating a major portion of the profits to the United Cerebal Palsy. heres the link. Hope all that are nearby can help out. this is a great event.

http://www.lieblweb.com/UCP/UCP.html

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Clarification: Rausch Creek is donating a large percentage of the daily fees from this ride directly to UCP. Last I heard, paragon is not donating anything.

The rides at RC will be guided and set up according to difficulty level. There's trails of all levels, mud, rocks, and competition-level hardcore trails too.

thanks lynn i was not aware of that. another reason i am not goin to paragon. on RC!!!:) by the way had a blast ridin with ya;)

not sure if anyone made it to this but it was a great day. great turn out my hat is off to Rausch Creek for the way they handled the mass of rigs.

Good times

I was there but only as a passenger. I got a flat on Saturday at Paragon and by the time I got home, 3 hours away, I was tired and it was raining cats & dogs. I rode back up to Rausch with my bro-in-law in his 95 ZJ. We had a great day until about 20 mins before the end of the day his tranny gave out. We had get strapped all the way backwards out of the trail. Thanks to Bubba for the tow. Luckily my brother-in-law had a friend willing to drive up with his F250 and car trailer to tow us home. Finally made it home about midnight. I'll definitely be back with my XJ. The park is great. I probably won't be back until next year because the wife and I are expecting the newest Jeeper here in 2 weeks. It was a great ride for a great cause. I'm glad I went both days.

I heard about that xj's probs never found out who it was. guess i know now. too bad we didn't meet:rolleyes:

Wonder how Chris W. and Mike in NJ did? They went off with another fellow to check out the Rock Creek.

We had a good time Lynn. We ran over to the West side, ran 12, ran 10 down to rock Creek, messed around there for awhile, went out the new section of 10 (very nice), and then ran 15 (also very nice). You did a good job on the new trails. After that we went over to the other side, had lunch at the stairs, and finished up running 4. The new boulder in the middle of the big ledge on the chair section makes that challenging section even harder. We had planned to run 2, but it was getting late and there was already a group on the trail that looked to be having trouble.

We didn’t push to hard, no one wanted to brake anything this close to Moab, but it did turn out to be a good day.

Thanks to all who helped put together a successful run.

and ..... like your new "campground" loop Lynn. Definitely will be a great place for the self-sufficient tenter. Nice grove of trees and far enough from the main trails for a little privacy.

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Back