• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To Boomerang Or To Not

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
Ok, I currently have revolvers (pm me if you want them). All lift questions aside, should I replace them with boomerangs or just longer shackles (I already know I will need a 3/4" lift shackle)? The eye to eye is verticle right now. So what do yall think?

getting rid of my revolvers and getting boomerangs was one of the best things i've done!
BRIANHO13 said:
Ok, I currently have revolvers (pm me if you want them). All lift questions aside, should I replace them with boomerangs or just longer shackles (I already know I will need a 3/4" lift shackle)? The eye to eye is verticle right now. So what do yall think?

mack said:
getting rid of my revolvers and getting boomerangs was one of the best things i've done!

Yea, after spending the weekend off camber, I decided they gots to go. But the question at hand boomerang or extended shackle?

My Teraflex's 1.5" shackles have worked fine for me except i had to cut some of the bumper bolts that extend into the shackle box. I've seen boomerangs do wonders for YJ's. So i vote for boomerangs they seem to work better.

i'll trade ya....
BingBing said:
My Teraflex's 1.5" shackles have worked fine for me except i had to cut some of the bumper bolts that extend into the shackle box. I've seen boomerangs do wonders for YJ's. So i vote for boomerangs they seem to work better.

question I have with boomerang shackles is how does that seem to effect your springs. If the shackle is forward of it's rotation point then the spring rate will be progressive but if it's behind the rotation point then the springs become regressive. Anyone notice this?

boomerang shackles do NOTHING except allow better clearances to the frame or anything else that might be in the way. the suspension will handle EXACTLY the same with a straight shackle of given eye-to-eye distance as with one of the same eye-to-eye that's a boomerang type.

BingBing said:

So my rear bumper has been redesigned and is no longer in the way. Has anyone had probs with the straight shackles hitting the front of the hanger?

Back