• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unidentified Leak AGAIN!

XJeacdabnow

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys, To start my day i get into my beloved XJ and found 1 " of water in my drivers side floor huskey liner. I have taken the front fender off and sealed up all the holes, also I removed the fuse block and sealed that real well with RTV. Does anybody know what else it could be , it seamed wet above the fuse block if that helps. Is the windshild? Were else could rain water get into on the drivers side? Thaks in advance,

The rear windshield washer tube runs down from by the brake master cylinder, through the firewall and down behind the drivers side kick panel and under the facia trim at the bottom of the door.

Check that, otherwise there has to be a leak. Normally if the A/C drain plugs up, it fills the passengers side.

Tom Houston
Loveland, Colorado

i had a leak on the pass side that was from a poorly sealed replacement windshield.... it would leak from the base of the glass down thru the dash and fil my floor... had to replace the windshield after 3 tries to re seal it....
good luck
mike

i have had the same leak your are talking about, it was leaving the more left portion of my fuse box wet everytime it rained and soaking my carpet. what i found it to be was that water was coming through the rubber gromet where the hood release cable comes through the fire wall, the grommet does'nt work very well.

Eric

Look at the lower corners of yuour windshield. The corners of all windshields rust! Also, you might pull the cowl cover (the vents in front of the windshield) and take a look at how it looks (old hot spot in my '66 Mustang).

Back