• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Choosing rock sliders...HELP

LittleAnthony88

NAXJA Forum User
OK, i made my last pair but after a few runs at paragon there DONE! So now im looking at the aftermarket ones to checkout the design and price. I know the search button exists but im asking for opinions vs. money for sliders. Heres pics of JCRoffroads stage 2 that i like alot:
fymm3p.jpg

fymm8h.jpg

fymm9d.jpg

If anyone has any connections to them used or new then let me know!! I especially like the tubing on the outside so i can use it to stand on to get to my roof rack!!

LittleAnthony88 said:
OK, i made my last pair but after a few runs at paragon there DONE! So now im looking at the aftermarket ones to checkout the design and price. I know the search button exists but im asking for opinions vs. money for sliders. Heres pics of JCRoffroads stage 2 that i like alot:
fymm3p.jpg

fymm8h.jpg

fymm9d.jpg

If anyone has any connections to them used or new then let me know!! I especially like the tubing on the outside so i can use it to stand on to get to my roof rack!!

Darn nice XJ they're using for advertisement ain't it? Wow, just really nice.
BTW, I have JCR's sliders, and have beat the tar out of them. Only complaint I have: I can't keep paint on them. I always manage to scuff and scratch them up!:laugh3: The outside rail sticks out just about even with the flares. They have saved my door handles countless times.

FWIW, I have heard nothing bad about AJ either. He makes good stuff too.

Did I mention what a nice XJ that is?

opracer315 said:
Talk to AJ. http://www.ajsoffroadarmor.com/
I don't know how long JCR has been around, but that looks like a knockoff of AJ's. AJ just changed has design a bit to also mount to the rear spring hanger.

x2. got a set on my wife's XJ and I really think tieing them into the spring hanger adds a lot of support to help prevent them from pushing up into the body (like my old rails did).

Dont get rocky roads, but i'm sure most people know that. those jcrs look nice, but that jeep is just ugly ;)

i just ordered ajs super rails 3/16 $247 shipped. cant beat that. the only draw back which is really no big deal to me is that they are unpainted. He is also a great guy to deal with.

westsacxj said:
i just ordered ajs super rails 3/16 $247 shipped. cant beat that. the only draw back which is really no big deal to me is that they are unpainted. He is also a great guy to deal with.

SWEET - you won't be disapointed. I have a set and they are awesome. Painting is simple. Get some Gloss Black, Industrial Strength Rustolium, Primer and just make sure the metal is clean before you start. I did about 3 coats and it came out nice. I thought about powder coating but spending the money on something that was gonna get scratched on rocks didn't make since. Here is a pic with them on - unfortunately I do not have any close ups.
47b5ce00b3127cce94947c593f1400000016108AaNmrVu0ZNs

Go AJ's or go home...you CANNOT beat his product for the price. 240 bucks and some change for the 3/16 super rails shipped to your door...most places charge more than that just for the rails which are usually not up to AJ's quality. I have a set of the 3/16 super rails on my XJ and they take one heck of a beating and are as straight as the day i bought em!

I have AJ's Rock Rails too. The only real difference in mounting is the metal that bolts to the pinch seam. AJ uses a peice of angle instead of a flat bar like JCR's. Powder coating is pretty much pointless to armor that will definately see rock rash. Herculiner works great for the rails.

AJ's huh?? Well...I too think that his stuff is rather nice. However, I have sent him mail to the work address as well as PM's here and heard nothing. I stopped trying about a month ago now I spose. I've heard nothing but good about his stuff.

Wackodrumr said:
I have AJ's Rock Rails too. The only real difference in mounting is the metal that bolts to the pinch seam. AJ uses a peice of angle instead of a flat bar like JCR's. Powder coating is pretty much pointless to armor that will definately see rock rash. Herculiner works great for the rails.
yea using the angle iron helps to distibute the weight better on the pinch seam.

I went with Olympics adjustable rails. I love them. Got them from Quadratec online. They tuck in for wheeling and when I'm just driving around they extend as a step for roof access and also stick out far enough to protect the jeep from other people's doors. Tucked in they stick out maybe 1-2 inches, extended they are even with the side mirrors. I've had to touch up the paint once from use and once from rust. Rustoleum hammered black matches the powder coat perfectly which brings me to my next comment, they didn't do a great job powdercoating, there is some rust underneath that flaked off the powder coat, had to sand and repaint it, but since they are adjustable/removable painting requires no masking.

BTW, I was going to get a set of AJ's, he had just had hand surgery and never replied to my request. So I figured I couldn't wait.

Back