• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stroker Engine

Personally, I would ask what brand of components he uses, to see if their cheap quality or otherwise. $1,895 seems alright, but if you get a '96(I think) and later block(Chrysler redesign?) and collect the crank and rods from a 4.2, and port and polish an HO head and Manifold, you should be able to do it yourself for just about the same price, maybe a little more. I havent done a 4.0 stroker, but I can build an honest 400hp SBC, for way cheaper than I can buy one. At least YOU will know what it has for parts and how well its assembled. Just my
2cents.gif

Ditto. I'm a little leery about having an engine bulit for me - but I'm cranky, and I've bulilt bracket and street rod engines before.

I'm hoping to open an engine shop in the next few years, but until then I'm just not seeing anyone whose goodies I'm feeling good about. Call me cranky, but 1) I'm just not feeling good about "off-brand" engines, and B) if it's anything other than Small Block (or Big Block) V8 engines - notably SBChevvy/SBFord - it's an "off-brand" engine.

So, I guess I'm going to try to make my name as an "off-brand" engine builder - which is just find, if you ask me...

5-90

I see your points... I have a second Renix block and head, but I know to work the individual components will be a few dollars. Dont get me wrong, it would be very gratifying to say I built it myself. Putting together the components and time for machine work only to find out I went wrong somewhere after the fact is what makes that engine appealing. I still would do all the externals etc

Back