• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear run interest - DEC 3rd?

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey gang,

I am installing my 4.5" lift, quick lock, and SYE this coming weekend. I want to go up to Big Bear on the 3rd and try it all out. I want to run Deep Creek (Dishpan Springs) if it is open. If not, Probably run Gold Mountain and something else. I would not mind running the SOCAL chapter trail, but I do not know which trail it is or how to get there, except from Holcomb Creek.

Any takers? I will post solid plans later this week, but meet around 8:30 and wheel all day.

Thanks

That sounds fun, but I already have plans that day or I would definitely go. That's why I want to go on the 3rd. It is the only weekend I have available for the rest of the year!

If anything changes, I will let you know, but the plans are pretty solid for the 10th.

Any chance of you going 2 weekends in a row?

Thanks

Sounds good. I will post the solid run announcement early next week. I need to make sure the install goes smooth and things are OK, then double check the schedule.

Thanks!

Sorry guys, I will not be able to put something together for this weekend.

I would love to go up next Saturday (Dec 10th) but I have plans.

It looks like it will be after Christmas before I can flex out the "new" lift.

Happy Holidays!

hey man if i can get my tcase in then i would be down i think my cousin is going to go up anyways for the day hes got a zr2 blazer with 33's.

ifoundastick said:
hey man if i can get my tcase in then i would be down i think my cousin is going to go up anyways for the day hes got a zr2 blazer with 33's.

I think the run has been cancelled. /\

That is correct. NO run this Saturday. There is a group going up the next Sat. See earlier in the post.

I will definitely put a run together in January.

Thanks

hey men... is a stocker capable or "allowed" to go on these particular runs in Big Bear?
Can't figure out where to edit the sig to add vehicle specs so here goes:
2000 XJ
29" Dueler MT's, 0" lift
t-case skid, gas tank skid, tow points

Last edited:
jeep-noob said:
hey men... is a stocker capable or "allowed" to go on these particular runs in Big Bear?
Can't figure out where to edit the sig to add vehicle specs so here goes:
2000 XJ
29" Dueler MT's, 0" lift
t-case skid, gas tank skid, tow points

I think the whole point of this particular run is to go the places rpraterxj could not go before his lift.. so probably not. :)

the tcase blew the f up on the 134 freeway monday..... so i need to replace the whole god dam thing thats why i posted a while ago if anyone had a tcase for sale...

Lance

cal said:
I think the whole point of this particular run is to go the places rpraterxj could not go before his lift.. so probably not. :)

hey wait a minute. I have gone everywhere I wanted in Big Bear, just had t take a different line. :laugh3:

As for the run, I will not be able to schedule one until after Christmas. My weekends are booked, plus the Jeep needs a little more tweeking and a driveshaft. The new lift is real nice. SYE was installed today and all vibes are gone!

I may try to do a run the last Sat of the year, but more than likely 2nd weekend in Jan.

Depending on the number and type of rigs, there may be some runs for a stocker. Gold Mountain and Jacoby Canyon can be done, minus the rock gardens, but be advised, there is potential for damage. Holcomb Creek may be a little to much for a stocker, but I have seen it done, with a little damage.

Keep watching fo rruns to be posted or better yet, schedule one. If you are not familiar with the area, just pick a date and have people meet, then ask someone to lead. I did this last year. My 1st planned run had over 20 vehicles show up. We split the group so the better equipped rigs ran John Bull.

Good Luck!

Back