• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wont start!!!

fisher446

NAXJA Forum User
heres a thread i posted on another site, but i figured id get my answer here!!

fisher446

Member: 45727

wont start!!!!
So i just got another t-case put in my jeep, and it drove fine for 1 day!! Now i go outside and try to start it and nothin happens. I turn the key and i have power from the battery cause all the gauges work, but when i go to start it nothin happens. IT doesnt turn over or anything!!!! Anyone got any idea to wut is wrong???

Kuasimodem

Member: 49179
Send a message via MSN to Kuasimodem

If it's an automatic, try moving the shifter up and back through the gears, also try starting in neutral. If it starts, then your NSS or the wiring going to it got disturbed when the TC was replaced.

fisher446

Member: 45727

Yeah its an Auto!
Today i went to go start it up and it took of few seconds but it did start. THen i cut it off and tried starting it again and it wouldnt. Then i moved the shifter up and down a few times and tried to start in neutral, and all that happened was this clicking sound!! Does that sound like the NSS??? or what ever that thing is??

clicking noises are usually cuased by a dead battery or a starter solenoid. There are aso some relays on the passenger side of the engine compartment that can make clicking noises. Do you know where the clicking noise came from?

Make sure all the battery cables (power and ground) are clean and tight. If your oil filter adapter is leaking, the oil will find it's way inside the starter and mess with the contact at the brushes.
Check the starter mounting bolts and make sure they are tight.
Then check your starter brushes for wear or a build up of junk.
If the starter solenoid is chattering, it's often dirty/loose cables or a low charge battery.

I just went outside and tried to get it to start in park, but it wouldnt. Then i moved the shifter a few times and tried to start in Neutral, and still it wouldnt. Then i pressed the gas and tried to start in neutral and all it did was click again. Its commin from under the hood, so Starter??? COuld this be from low charge. My jeep sat for a couple of months withouh bein driven but i did start it a couple times during that......

Turn on your headlights, if they dim to almost nothing when your trying to start, chances are the battery needs a charge. Though loose or dirty cable ends will sometimes also do this.

Back