• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

does anyone know what this part is called?

ChipsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
1988 XJ 4WD 4.0
the crankcase vent hose comes out of the front of the valve cover and runs into a device that looks kind of like a air switch solenoid. then line runs out of this device and into the airbox. Does anyone know what the device that looks like an air switch solenoid is?

thanks

Last edited:
here is the pic of the item.
PICT0017red.jpg

Mine broke right were the plastic pieces joined, just old 87 plastic. I went and got a foot of hose, slipped i over both pieces of plastic and clamped it on there. It's worked fine so far.

That's part of the CCV harness. The left and the right section, with all their associated hoses, hook together there. If you lift it out of the cradle it sits in it you'll be able to separate it in the middle and see what I mean. If something's broken going into it you'll need to replace that whole half of the harness, and it's a dealer only part.

tlman said:
That's part of the CCV harness. The left and the right section, with all their associated hoses, hook together there. If you lift it out of the cradle it sits in it you'll be able to separate it in the middle and see what I mean. If something's broken going into it you'll need to replace that whole half of the harness, and it's a dealer only part.
Nope. NAPA has it.

Correct - it's a NAPA part for RENIX (1987-1990.) Figure that you can buy the whole harness - all three parts - for equal to or less than a single part of the harness OEMR.

I just had to get three sets of these lines from NAPA, and they ran me about $52 each. About two days' shipping time - so that was comparable to OEMR as well. Definitely worth the trouble - I don't have the part numbers handy, but there's a thread with the correct numbers recently posted, and a quick perusal through their Echlin catalogues should turn them up. You'll find them all on the same page, and I think they've even got pictures of the subassemblies...

5-90

Back