• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Kevin's Track Bar Conversion

Motornoggin

NAXJA Forum User
First of all...I have an 89 XJ-3.5 RE lift, Lock Rights, 33" BFG MT's and no sway bars.

After breaking my first home built track bar, I figured I had better upgrade. After weeks of research I decided that Kevin's Off Road Track Bar Conversion was the one I needed. I like the simple design, beefiness and adjustability of it. It is one of the few I found (maybe the only one) that was good for 0" to 8" of lift. That way, when I add more lift, I won't need a new bar. It did seem to be the most expensive one, but I think it was worth it.
I emailed Kevin a few times to get some questions answered and sent him some money via Pay Pal. It took about 3 weeks to get my bar,as it was at the powder coaters. It seemed to take longer than I thought it should, but Kevin and Cassie gave me updates when I requested them and were very helpful.
Upon arrival, I checked it over and was impressed with the fab work. Definitely top quality stuff. It was missing one of the bolts though. A quick trip to the hardware store solved that problem.
Installation was a breeze, but would have been easier had I remembered to turn up the pressure on my compressor. I removed the airbox for access and unbolted the upper bracket, then removed the axle side bolt. The new parts went in just as easy.
There is a noticable difference in handling. It feels much tighter and my clunk is gone.
I should have done that conversion much sooner.
Thanks Kevin!

What is the total cost on that? I am mainly from Jeepforum and I haven't seen this modified bracket. I know the JKS trackbar, does it work with others too? I am going to add 2" to my Jeep I need a new trackbar. Who is Kevin anyway?

JIMBOJAMES said:
What is the total cost on that? I am mainly from Jeepforum and I haven't seen this modified bracket. I know the JKS trackbar, does it work with others too? I am going to add 2" to my Jeep I need a new trackbar. Who is Kevin anyway?

Kevin's Offroad

I paid $259.95, plus $19.00 shipping a little over a year ago for the powder coated setup. It looks like it's gone up about 20 bucks.

Have one on mine and couldnt be happier. I went through RE, and a Tera before I went with this one. Great customer service too.

Fergie

My ThumperXJ has Kevins setup as well, and I cant say anything but THUMBS UP! I bought it from Kev full on with the MORE Bar. I still ask the question, WHY couldnt Jeep see thier way clear to manufacture the XJ with this type of set up in the first place??

Man I don't know about that. Now, Im not saying that it isn't any good but I will say that my stock bracket flexed real bad. Thus I went to an RE HDTB/bracket. With kevins mod it cures this over flex?

Back