• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Upgrades - Brakes? Steering?

Stouttrout

NAXJA Member #1282
Did a search on this and found alot of conflicting info. I want to run a few things by and see what you guys think. I have built and modified CJ7's and CJ8's but this XJ thing is new to me. I wheeled mine for the first time last weekend and I am hooked. I have a Rusty's 8" (I know more than I would have like but it is on there), 35's, Building a set of Waggy D44s' with Disk brakes all the way around and ARB's and 4.88's. My powersteering is leaking so here is what I am looking do - Upgrade the Steering and Brakes.

So, is there a dual diaphram booster for this? What brake setup would be best for this on 35's? Anyone using a Line lock?

How about steering uprgrades, Box, hydro assist, pump upgrades?

What are you running and why do you like it? I know there has been alot of new stuff hit the market in these areas and just wondering if anyone has tried any of it.

Back