• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mako motor mounts

natep1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set of them. My mounts werent broken they were just old and I wanted to change them. I like them they made a big difference. I have only put on about 50 miles on them so I cant say if they will last a lifetime or not.

Are they just reselling the Daystar motor mounts as a product of their own?

And now for a lil Negative. I bought the Mako/Daystar mounts after my drivers side mount went kaput on me. I had them on for about two weeks. They were harsh, conducted vibration and sound horribly because of the apparent stiffness of the Polyurethane, did not sit at stock height, and were a bear to install because of the very poor "General" Fit. I did NOT like them at ALL! VERY dissapointing. They were promptly extracted and replaced with a pair of MORE rubbermounts, which I really dig for thier insulating qualities and way easier installation. I personally do not reccomend these mounts at all for any Unibody application, but thats just my opinion. MORE, baby, MORE! I also had installed with the motormounts the Mako/Daystar tranny mount which was also promptly extracted in favor of a brand new stock mount for the same reasons. Polyurethane mounts and Unibodies dont play well together. Oh, and YES, theyre DAYSTAR.

I have them in my MJ. I like them vibes are not that bad at all. I like the throttle responce difference they made. I would buy another set anyday.

Back