• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Normal" noise in '97+'s?

8700XJS

NAXJA Forum User
Ok when I roll (meaning I push the make the window go up switch) the front windows up there is a clicking noise as the they go up. Probably abour 4-6 clicks on the way up.

Is this a noise that is in all 97+ or just mine?

8700xjs

Not in mine.

I had that same kind of clicking start a couple days before the window regulator broke.

Mine have been doing it for about a year now. Where there any other symptoms of the regulator failing? They go up and down just fine with no hesitations or slipping.

I would guess that changing the regulator is pretty easy, other than having to take the door panels off. Is that true?

8700xjs

From what I can tell it would be fairly easy to replace. I really wouldn't know though. My 99 was hit in the front before I was able to replace the regulator so I had the body shop replace it while it was there.

My front windows were dragging, jerking upward a little and very slow.

I sprayed WD40 in the channel on the b-post of the door where the back of the glass slides and they are smmmooooth and quick now.

Back