• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AJ's Custom Bumper

Wackodrumr

NAXJA Forum User
I asked AJ a while back if he could combine 2 of his designs. He took the idea and ran with it. This is how it turned out:

cw1.jpg

cw2.jpg

I'm going to do a write-up for AJ on "how to install AJ's bumper". I used Phat's "how to paint" write-up from AJ's site to try and keep all the tech the same. Phat's Writeup on AJ's site

First Coat of Rubberized Undercoating...
BumperInstallation_4.jpg

This is a close up of the texture that the Undercoating provides...
BumperInstallation_5.jpg

The final coat of paint...
BumperInstallation_6.jpg

This bumper is some BEEFY stuff. AJ Rocks!

That's one sweet lookin bumper you got there!

Kinda reminds me of the Four Real Steel bumper with the way the bars come forward in the front. That's the one I'm looking to get.

Looks good!

Looks good...but i want to see pics of it mounted

you sems to me with that slanted lower portion you need to make a hole to stick a highlift much like the protofab bumper without that you have no way to highlift the front.

red_01_xj said:
Looks good...but i want to see pics of it mounted
I'll definately post more pics when I get it on. It probably won't be till Wed. or Thursday though. Some of the shipping got a little mixed up and I didn't get the mounting hardware.

bj-666 said:
you sems to me with that slanted lower portion you need to make a hole to stick a highlift much like the protofab bumper without that you have no way to highlift the front.
Holy runonsentence. Who taught you how to type? I think I can understand what you are trying to say so I'll take a shot...

I don't really know cause I haven't mounted it up yet but the edges are flat enough I think I could fit a hi-lift under there without it slipping off. If not I could try hooking the hi-lift through the d-ring Shackle once I get some.

Last edited:
speaking of d-ring shackle...i saw some pretty cool stainless steel ones in quadratec this month...made in the US for only a few dollars more than what a local shop charged for my chinese galvanized ones.

i actually ground off the "made in china" because it was so prominent

sweet bumper BTW, my Rigid doesn't have any flat spots on it either, haven't had to highlift, but i guess i could use my reciever

Sorry had a few too many before that one. Check out protofabs website to see what i'm talking about if it becomes a prob.

Vertisce said:
How much was it? I want one!

Ditto That!!!

I can't wait to see it mounted. Here is the website - AJsOffroadArmor.com Does he have a model number on that one or some way to ID it when i call in and order it?

Thats a nice bumper. Did you paint over that under coating? I did that on the under side of a car. Do they make paintable under coat now?

XJRunner said:
Thats a nice bumper. Did you paint over that under coating? I did that on the under side of a car. Do they make paintable under coat now?
Yeah, I just threw on a couple of coats of Gloss Black Rustolium over the Undercoating. They have that at auto zone.

Sorry guys... I've been avoiding that one intentionally. All I can tell you is to contact AJ through his web page/email or he can chime in here cause I PM'd him about you guys' questions..

bj-666 said:
try marine supply houses they have those for much cheeper than $40
i bought mine at a marine place...they were like $10 cheaper than that but made in china...i guess it just comes down to locality

Back