• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hand throttle

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I was thinking of doing this and cant find any threads. Im sure its been discussed but im not having any luck finding anything.

Any tips/pointers?

Okie Terry said:
PM Kejtar.
I'm sure he would be more than helpful.
What you dragging me into that for? I got mine built into the steering wheel now ;) and I use it only to keep rpms up when I gotta winch cracker out of something :D

Real quick anyone have any good info for some good Hi-Idle speeds for extended idiling and the such?

I was told about a really good idea for a hand throttle while at work today.

Take a thumb controlled bicycle shifter and hook it up to your throttle linkage.

The "clicks" that would hold the gears on a bike will hold your throttle at an even RPM.

Just mount the shift control under the shifter knob and run the cable.

Edit: I think a twist style bike shifter should work also, but the person who told me hasn't ever done it that way.

LazarusMJ said:
I was told about a really good idea for a hand throttle while at work today.

Take a thumb controlled bicycle shifter and hook it up to your throttle linkage.

The "clicks" that would hold the gears on a bike will hold your throttle at an even RPM.

Just mount the shift control under the shifter knob and run the cable.

Edit: I think a twist style bike shifter should work also, but the person who told me hasn't ever done it that way.
this is the way mine is done it will hold the position you leave it in or ya can turn the screw and make it return to normal when you let go. when i first installed it, i had intentions of using it as a third foot but after you get better with a stick you don't need it i mainly use it for winching and running my oba.

Back