• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chevy dana 44

ok thi might sound stupid and if it is sorry..i already searched and coult find anything..inmy auto shop we have a chevy dana 44 (passenger side drop) me qnd my teacher were talking and we werent sure but would it be possible to just flip the whoel setup 180 degress to make it a driver side drop and high pinion... if it was poosible I would have to cut hte knuckles off and switch the sides witht he knuckles.... is this unhear of..pointless..? i know it would be easier to jsut get a high pinion 44 from aan old ford btu that is money when i have this thing right here... so what you think?

I think you should find a new shop teacher.

Barring that, a reverse rotation marine motor so you can flip the front and the rear diff and have 4 forward gears rather than 4 reverse gears.

In other words, it will run the diff backward if you flip it.

it is not possible to just flip it like you are describing. It's a low pinion housing, and will only work as a low pinion housing. If it's flipped over like that it will rotate in the opposite direction. The only way you are able to flip differentials like this is if you have portal axle ends, or have a rear engine car.....typical cars, it won't and can't work. _nicko_

You could cut it apart and retube it such that it becomes a low peanut driver drop.

Back