• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to remove link on the throttle body?

Johnny V

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in process of removing the throttle body from my '89 I-6.

Can't figure out how to remove the link that connects the thottle body's spring loaded arm to "I guess" throttle arm that runs down the side of the manifold.

Could see any kind of pin or anything?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

It'll pop off, do it on a warm engine or in a heated garage so the plastic isnt brittle. Try to be gentle but firm.

Thanks...Geez it's 38 degrees here in NJ...maybe I'll wait until Sunday when it will be in the 50's.

Could I just touch it lightly with a torch before I pull it apart? Throttle body is off the manifold but not the link, so can not start the engine.

XJ Buzzard said:
Flame and plastic don't really match. If you think you need some heat, try a heat gun, slowly at first so the plastic doesn't get distorted.

chris

Wouldn't be usin a torch round the t body but that's my own opinion...I mean
gasoline + flame = not healthy....... :flame:

Thanks guys!

I PB Blasted the link...waited a bit and wiped away any excess. Then used a heat gun to slightly warm up the metal arms and plastic. Used a screw driver to pry both sides slowly. Worked great!

Back