• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WaaHoooo!

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
[b:e586dd0064]Nothing says it better! Karen, Gina, Joe & I had an awesome weekend![/b:e586dd0064]

Just want to say thanks for coming out and for us having a great trail ride Saturday! Once again it was soggy up in them thar hills, & that makes it really fun & interesting!

There were plenty of :D :) :wink: :shock: 8) :? :x :oops: :roll: :( :twisted: moments to go around LOL! My ride up Trail 6 was pretty disturbing in mostly 2WD Low with no skid plates :oops: . My buddy's kid Joe was amazed with the sights & sounds. :shock: :twisted: He was introduced to my "First attempt to pet it, but spank it HARD if it hisses back or claws ya!" tender style of muddy rockcrawling.

We had seven Southeast NAXJA Member XJ Cherokees on the trail along with three CYTJs. As a group of family & friends, Kudzu & Kevin led the group down upper 2 to Stateline, where we breaked for lunch. We then clawed up 6 to 4 and down 5 to finish the day. The worst carnage award are split between Andy (flat tire) and Mark with yet another pruned LR flare on the waterfall. Sadly to say, Trail 5 is reduced to being simply a quick escape route from 4 & the other trails over on the top side. I could do it either way in Karen's Honda FWD (if she'd let me try :wink: ) Once a bridge is built over the river, it'll not be much worse than Trail 1. :cry: Many have fond memories of going up 5.

I promise to swap that fickle transfer box out and hopefully have my spool & locker axles tucked under the mud-puppy before our next Chapter trailride! [b:e586dd0064]Real Jeeps should not have One Wheel Drive! but One Wheel Drive Jeepers can get by with a little help from their friends![/b:e586dd0064] Thank you Mark, and glad to be the first victim of that new winch.

Analyst: What did you do for recreation last weekend, Mr. Woody?
Woody: (shows photos) Well M'am, I drive a Jeep XJ Cherokee over mud covered mountain trails.
Analyst (thinks for maybe 3 seconds:) :shock: Boy With DeathWish! :shock:
Woody: (pointing at a photo) Betcha can't guess what the speedometer read right then...we was stuck in one wheel drive and I killed a fresh litter of kittens under my gas pedal all three days...

LOL my Jeeps are my analysts. I'm afraid they would restrain me if they had arms.

I propose that we do this as a Chapter Event every year: The SE NAXJA Fall Flog! Maybe do trails both Friday & Saturday if enough folks show interest. This will be right after Moab for the folks who plan to attend, but there's no reason that other folks who can't make the Fall Fling, step up & pick up the slack on whatever preparations.

BTW the annual halloween party up the road (approx 7 Unacoi Mountain mi from Crawford's Campground) could have stood a few Jeepers! :? There was a neat mix of a few bikers along with 18-60 yr old local mountain folks, all there rocking out to" a little country band from Warne..." at the home of two wonderful people: Bob & Cheryl 8) Two This was not by any means a rowdy party...The folks at Indian Boundary CG at XJF 2001 were rowdier. OTOH there was no 'quiet time' at the "Harleyween" until the rock bands quit. There was no charge & enough food (If ya like local deer & pork, Homemade fixins & deserts?) for a battalion. We are invited next year too! 8) It was a really cool scene and met a bunch of super folks (SW NC area locals!!!) who can help us find other fun things to do / places to go, other than just ride the trails at Tellico.

I hope y'alll had a great time and a safe trip home, and apologies for not being able to stick around long after the trailride with y'all. Hopefully we'll meet more of you out at the XJ Buildup down in NE Alabama in two weeks over Veteran's Day Weekend. Everyone is welcome to help build up the NAXJA 20th Anniversary Raffle XJ!

Woody

Hey Woody ,
Maybe next time I wont pull you up on a tree
to have to be pushed off of, sorry!!
Also it just amazes me to see what someone can do
with one wheel drive.
I had a great time,
see ya next time.

MarkWNC

Back