• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

will wrangler lights fit?

montysbxj

NAXJA Forum User
so i dunno if this has been ask before. i have done some research and havent found anything. i want to do a round headlight conversion to my 00 xj and i have the new bezel already designed for it. i am wondering if the round lights out of a wrangler will fit and use any of the facotry mounting. i am going to a junk yard saturday most likely to see if i cant pull an assembly out of a wrangler, and then go from there. any info as far as if it will fit or what year to look for would be awsome. or if there are any other applications out there that might work that arent from a jeep would be cool too. and i know there are a few of you asking why. and all my friends here at wyotech area sking me the same thing. and all i have to say is i have only seen the prototype that jeep did, and personally i think is it sweet, and i want to look a little different than the next xj, no offense.

it might be, but i think its cool and if i dont like it i will take it off and throw it away. every other light on the rig is round, and i have 8 six in lights on it, 4 in the grille on a bar i made, and 4 more on the roof, so i will try it and see, if i have 50 bucks in it and dont like it, then i can get rid of them, no harm done, it will be one of my live and learn situations

50 bucks for a cosmetic experiement? hey it's your money. maybe look a really old ford trucks, not sure the exact years, but i want to say 77 and older? kinda hard to find, but if you see an old ford, take a look. i'm not sure when they switched to rectangular headlights, but they had round ones for awhile, and they fit into about the same space as the ones on xj's.

So you already have the bezel but what are you looking for? Brackets and lights that can be adapted to your bezel? Up to 80s Dodge fullsize trucks had round headlights, I see a lot of them in junkyards however, newer Wrangler, I don't see too often. I like BMW, from the 80s. 4 round headlights but I don't this would go good on my XJ and when I got auxiliary lights I got square ones to match the look.

i've thought about doing it...
old ford trucks and broncos used them, 66-79 broncos used them with the exception of a few 78-79. they didnt have bezels really though, it was mostly grill. try classic bronco sights.

i'm curious about your bezel, if you have any design info post it and let me know how it turns out

Anybody wanna do a photoshop of it?
Its not right from the front, but heres my old '77............

IMG27.jpg

for all that gave input thanks, for those that told me not to do it, oh well, its not your jeep, and personally i think it looks sweet, mine wont have the two little lights on the side like the pic there does so thanks for your opinions, and once it is done i will put some pics up for the guys that want to see it done.

Back