• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

project..... Expedition Jeep

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Ok, the jeep is home and it's leaking like a sieve
DSCF3410.JPG

DSCF3414.JPG

DSCF3415.JPG

DSCF3417.JPG

The tcase looks like it was bone dry, the front is clicking a bit under FWD but the engine sounds good (so far).
At this point I'm looking at the following in the near future:
1. fix the rear DS and fill the tcase so that it could be driven to a coin operated wash and WASHED underneath.
2. fix the rear main and front pan and valve cover (the gromets) leaks and see what else might want to leak.
3. start on the rest (brakes and all the regular maintenance goodies).
4. water pump, tstat and hoses and belt

n. mild lift, junkyard axles with deeper gears (3.73's or 4.11's)
Since my dad wants to just go exploring more then rockcrawling it will probably not grow too big (31's max :dunno:). At this point I got rear 3.5" RE packs, and I think I got some UC coils someplace, plus I got Daystar spacers (currently on loan on Sequoia's jeep: hint hint Sequoia :D :D I might need them back soon :D).
After that.... well.... we'll see what else needs to be done, but it looks like there will be plenty: mix of maintenance/repair/upgrades. I'll gladly take part donations ;)

Remi

Is that a sexy green 1994 XJ?

How are the doors? Are they in good condition? Cuz I know where you live. :laugh3:

Remi, REBUILD THAT TRANSFER CASE!!!

You saw what happened to Ron's when it was ran dry. I'll be rebuilding mine soon, I'll let you know my source once it's told to me (I've heard about a smoking deal).

My target for the lift is December, most likely late (I should have a full week to work on stuff then).

GSequoia said:
You saw what happened to Ron's when it was ran dry.

Yeah! Sequoia happened! :laugh3:

GSequoia said:
Remi, REBUILD THAT TRANSFER CASE!!!

You saw what happened to Ron's when it was ran dry. I'll be rebuilding mine soon, I'll let you know my source once it's told to me (I've heard about a smoking deal).

My target for the lift is December, most likely late (I should have a full week to work on stuff then).
Yeah... I know. I'm going to see what happens when I pop the drain plug first. If there is something there... I might hold off on a while :D

Kejtar said:
(although who knows... the project might spiral out of proportions ;) )

Herculiner?

Give me a call if you need a hand wrenching...

Jan Holmes?

Dan Turner said:
Yeah that's right...I was close. Anyway sounds like a good screen name for him.
ROTLFMAO I damn nearly choked on my coke reading this :D The trouble with the screen name is that means he'd have to use a computer and somehow he never warmed up to the idea of doing so :D It's not that he's anti technology as he likes all the modern conveniences (although his dream vehicle has just the engine and nothing else under the hood: no ac, no power steering and so on) but computers and him, well lets just say: it ain't gonna happen :D

Dan Turner said:
I guess until you get it fixed, it should be Xtreme Jalopy.
Well, I just got back from the dealership with a rear main, pan gasket, cap and rotor. They didn't have the tstat in stock (ok, they couldn't find it) but they will have it for me by Fri, and I know where I can get the hi performance wires (different dealership).
Now off to Kragen after work to get water pump, belt, radiator hoses, plugs and more goodies.

You are working on your dads junk when you should have been at JV?

Back