• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

uca poly bushings

yellowxj

NAXJA Forum User
Need to put new uca bushings in the wifes xj. Towing and tellico really finished off the old mushy rubber bushings. Whats a good way to get the old ones out off the axle? And who makes good poly replacements? I ripped the rubber ones in yellowxj before I changed suspension styles and dont want to put rubber back in hers. I think she plans on more trail riding. :bawl:

Good news and bad news..I did this. Good news is there is an easy way to remove the rubber bushings from the steel sleeves that are pressed into the mounts on the axle. Heat the sleeve on all sides (wear safety glasses as the bushing may pop out and take flight) and use some needle-nose to pull the bushing out, grease the polys and side them back in the sleeves the rubber ones were heated out of and "re-install". The bad part is that although its easy to heat the pass side and get it out without removing the sleeve from the axle bracket, the drivers side is pressed into a cast piece on the diff housing, I wouldn't recommend trying to heat that up. I removed the sleeve and bushing with a BFH and applied the torch, worked fine but I never really got the sleeve pressed back in the way it was.....maybe someone has an answer for that.

HTH

P

where did you buy your poly bushings from? I dont need a whole kit just the ones for the uca's.. thanks T.

Back