• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weight of an XJ

imma honky

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know an approximate of the bare weight of an xj body? (no engine, tranny, doors, guts, axles..ect) Stripped down to only a dash. I've got a line on a cheap rotisserie (used from a local body shop) but the gross weight limit is about 3k lbs.

My '97 with just rear seat, pass seat, and part of carpeting removed (engine,tranny,tires,axles, etc all still in place), weighed 3279lbs on a truck scale. I assume just the unibody would be well within the limits of a 3000lb piece of equipment.

Should be in the neighborhood of 15-1600. The newer ones will be a little heavier, as will a 4-door. A friend of mine rotisseried his 2 door 1991 on a 2k-capacity unit with no probs. Sounds like his was as bare as yours.

-Rich

Im negotiating the price now (trying to trade some tire work/oil change) in the deal. he wants 400 for it out the door, I'm gonna try to give him a good deal on some tires/oil change for 200 out the door.

Back