• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel in the oil.

Traverse

NAXJA Forum User
I changed the oil in my 94 yesterday and noticed that the oil smells like gas. Do you think i have a fuel injector stuck open? Also wondering how to fix the problem. Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

Some gas in the oil is normal, strong gas smell in NEW oil after an oil change is NOT normal and should be looked at.

Traverse said:
I changed the oil in my 94 yesterday and noticed that the oil smells like gas. Do you think i have a fuel injector stuck open? Also wondering how to fix the problem. Any help is appreciated. Thank You.
If ones stuck open you would be only running on 5 cylinders.

Change the oil and run a can of BG44K through the fuel. If the injector is sticking open, it will most likely fix it if it can be fixed. Do not continue to run this way for an extended period of time. The leaking injector will wash the oil from the cylinder walls in the effected cylinder and will cause premature ring failure.

Calata said:
He's not being a smartass, he's stating that the jeep would run rough.

OK, uhhhh....

Grover.
:D

old_man said:
Change the oil and run a can of BG44K through the fuel. If the injector is sticking open, it will most likely fix it if it can be fixed. Do not continue to run this way for an extended period of time. The leaking injector will wash the oil from the cylinder walls in the effected cylinder and will cause premature ring failure.

I will try that tomorrow, and hopefully avoid the last part.

Back