• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just started my lift NEED some help

JMLichner

NAXJA Forum User
I just started my lift tonight re 4.5, have the front almost totally unassembled, but the bolts holding the upper control arms to the unibody just wont come loose, I sprayed them with pb blaster about three times over the course of a week and I even used a little heat on them, any thing else I can try????

also the drivers side lower control arm at the axel has the same problem,

every thing was going very smoothly till these three bolts,

any advise????

Either a long breaker bar or an impact wrench. Before my first lift I sprayed everything down with PB blaster then the next day I paid a mech six dollars to hit everything once with an impact socket to loosen everything up.

i had the same problem... i sprayed some PB blaster the night before, the i used an impact wrench (worked great) one was a little tough... but nothing a little leverage couldnt fix

breaker bar will be your friend. Make sure you have gotten to soaking all the rear bolts. Upper shocks, front leaf springs are a real PITA if that break. So go really slow with them and soak the hell out of them as well.

Unfortunately you cant get an impact on the uppers if equiped with the factory keeper-bolts.Best bet is a quality wrench and a some blows w/ a "BFH"(wear gloves).

Back