• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which Carb?

carter yfa.

if i never see one again it will be a day too soon!!!!!!!depending on your locality and personal preference..... you can use one friom a 78-82 f 150( 98 bux at Autozone pn# 9-682)bolts up with no mods( except vacuum) and the linkages are the same. also you might need some adjustment to the fuel mix and you will need a pipe plug for one of the fuel lines for it... if you were looking to go away from the electronics.

what vaccum mod's are you speaking of, I need to change my carb out and 98 buxs sound a hella lot better than 200 somethin

Also will that work for the v6 2.8 L? I know they both had the 2bbl carb so it should be a direct swap.

Also are you sure that is the right part number? I couldnt find it, or find a carb for 98 dollars, could you send a link?
Thanks

Last edited:
oh if its the 1bbl carb it wont work, but if I used the FI id also have to pull the computer and everything, im not keeping this cherokee for more than another year then getting a newer model.

Back