• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What do you think?

RedlineMJ

NAXJA Forum User
While looking for a XJ to scrap to buildup/fix up my MJ i came across what seems to be a good deal...its a 91 XJ, 4.0 HO...i was told its got 4" TJ coils and 2" spacers and a add-a-leaf and blocks out back. Its got 29" or 30" wheels now, seem about the same hight as the 235/75/15's but much wider...anyway they look tiny on it, now i know 31's will fit, but would 33x10.5x15's fit? I'll trim as much as needed, but its a 4dr so there's not a whole lot of room out back to trim...any thoughts? I didn't even know you could use tj coils, lol...shows how much i know...thanks

Redline

you could fit even bigger than 33's on that. It all depends on how much you trim and bumpstop. I would ditch the aal and block crap and get new leaf packs. To find out how much lift it actually is, measure from the center of the hub to the bottom of the flair. Stock measurments are 17.5" up front and 17" in the back.

cherokee xj said:
you could fit even bigger than 33's on that. It all depends on how much you trim and bumpstop. I would ditch the aal and block crap and get new leaf packs. To find out how much lift it actually is, measure from the center of the hub to the bottom of the flair. Stock measurments are 17.5" up front and 17" in the back.

Will do, but its got TJ flares so would the measurements be much different?

Redline

actually, yes they would. Because most likely, when the owner put on the tj flairs, he probly trimmed aswell. It all depends on how much they trimmed now to find the measurements, which would be different on all rigs.

Any other reference points? like from the ground to teh bottom of the door...then just do the math on the wheels? based on stock of course...

Redline

There was a thread over on JF about this. Some people said they'd get measurements on a stock xj to the line that runs the length of the xj, but never replied with the measurements. Measuring to the door wont do any good because that could be thrown off by tire size. The only way to find out the amount of lift is to measure from the center of the hub to a certain point (most common bottom of flair)

RedlineMJ said:
Any other reference points? like from the ground to teh bottom of the door...then just do the math on the wheels? based on stock of course...

Redline
Go to the search function. Under username enter Eagle. Under key words enter Dirty Method. You will find your answer. JIM.

Back