• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5" or 4.5" RE "take off" wanted

nadocherokee

NAXJA Forum User
Starving Grad Student looking for a take off lift for a 1996 XJ with 85,000 miles. Would prefer Rubicon Express (as I have heard good things about them) and full leaf springs. Currently have a 2" Rancho lift that is 10 years old and completely shot. Looking to upgrade on a cheap budget. I know a SYE kit is necessary. Any other ideas...

Welcome to the group!

I would make sure you visit the junk yards ut there. I saw a lift on an XJ about a month ago in a yard up here in LA

Welcome to the group!

I will be removing my RRE 3.5 kit in the next few weeks. I was going to do it this weekend, but could not get to it.

It is not a leaf pack, but the AAL is still in good shape. Here is what will be for sale once it is removed.

RE 3.5 coil springs
factory leafs with RE 3.5 AAL
extended rear brake line
lower control arms
4 duetch tech (sp) shocks (DT3000)
RE adjustable trac bar
t-case drop kit (brand new)

The kit is a little over a year old is on my 2000 XJ right now.

You will need sway bar disconnects and u-bolts.

I have been satisified with the kit, but want to go bigger.

I have not set a price, but anyone can make offers.

Thanks,

rpraterxj said:
You will need sway bar disconnects and u-bolts.

I have been satisified with the kit, but want to go bigger.

I have not set a price, but anyone can make offers.

Thanks,

I have a set of RE gen 2 disconnects i'll throw in for the guy if he buys yer kit.

Just wanted to thank everyone for being so helpful. I was told by a local shop that Cherokee owners look out for one another and I am finding that to be true. Thanks again.

Back