• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

!!help!!

TheBlueSub

NAXJA Forum User
ok this is my situation please help me

I own a 1985 jeep cherokee 2.8lt 4x4 good running engine and 4x4, but it needs a drivers door, fender, grill, sway bar, minor electrical, there is a hole in the passenger rear floor big enough for a small child to fall threw, needs dash and steering wheel

i also own a 1989 chevrolet blazer 2x4 with a 2.8lt that is blown/toast/shot/crap but everything else is perfect running order flawless
but it is 2x4

which should i invest in i need to kno before monday 11/14/05 which to build which to scrap if anyone has any good input other than can them both please reply

p.s.it also needs to be a daily driver and would like to mud/trail ride in it

this doesnt need to be a beauty queen vehicle in anyway either

Tough choice. Forget doing mud with either one.

On first read, I'd vote for the blazer for a daily driver, as it sounds like passengers are less likely to need to pick up their feet to avoid losing them. With the Blazer, at least the body is good and the interior is good. Whats wrong with the Chevy engine that makes you say its toast? I may change my mind.

I've wheeled with stock s-10's and wasn't impressed
You'd be even less impressed because his is 2wd, and not 4wd. He's not mudding with anything he's listed. The only positive thing here with the options he's listed, with the Cherokee, he is not needing his buddies to push him out of his yard when it gets stuck after a rain....thats about it.

The decision needs to be made as to what your priorities are....daily driver/beater OR mudder/project vehicle. You are a LOT better off by forgetting mudding around with either one. Sell both or part them out for cash and get something you can at least fend for yourself when mudding. IF you need a daily driver thats a beater, either one is going to take a hell of a lot of work to get going. You could potentially have less work to do with the Blazer because it only sounds like you need an engine. The Cherokee is going to take a lot longer to bring back to standards. Both are underpowered and not suitable for anything resembling off road mudding the way I know it.

If both are in terrible shape...scrap both. Get a decent XJ (mine was only $3k for a 97). My 97 runs great and required minimal upkeep. Sometimes it's best to cut your losses. If you have to choose between the two, i'd go with the Jeep.

thanks for the negitive help but i have what i have and ive tryed selling both and it didnt work so i need to fix one or the other
p.s.the blazer is also a 5spd and off roads like a tank in quick sand the jeep wheels great but looks hagered no major issuses

Its clear from your comments that you've already made your mind up, you want to keep and fix the jeep. Keep it and fix it. After you fix it, I am sure it will make a fine daily driver.

I paid $350 for this Jeep ..the only thing wrong withit was the NSS and cooling system

105_0574.JPG

2 words
auto auction

the great thing about these XJ's is they're so cheap. i got my 91 $350, just needed brake work and a flywheel, so i vote sell the blazer for what you can get out of it and buy another cherokee, as long as it has a good body.

Back