• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dash options?

TheBlueSub

NAXJA Forum User
i have a dash with just 2 gauges speed and fuel anyone kno of a custom dash i could get or a way to get some more gauges on my stock dash??
i only need oil pressuse, tach, water temp, volts just the basic gauges nothing fancy
has anyone made a custom dash i did a search and found similar questions no answers though pics would be great specs would be better

p.s. 85 xj

you could search but ill save you the time.you have the bottem of the line dash and you can go to a salvage a pick up a 85-93 gauge set with all the gauges you want for around 40$ and it all conets the same there is a right up on this site search for it

ok thanks ill post some pics of my new cluster monday of next week im going boneyard hunting this weekend

but
do u kno if i swap out the cluster for the new cluster is the tach just magically going to work?????

Yeah, I hooked mine up theres no magic too it, Jeep was nice enough to include the wiring for tach and gauges in the harness even they weren't nice enough to make the tach and gauges standard.

BTW, what I think (pretty sure not 100%) you are looking for is an 84-86 XJ or MJ if you have a 85 XJ with Chevy motor.

I'm not positive on the '85, but I believe it will work. I think the tach "sensor" is already on the crankshaft, but just not powering a gauge. PM XJRanger. he's the one with first hand experience.

Edit: Baja beat me too it

I assume you have the stripped down jeep. If you do I put my gauges were the spot for the rear wiper and defroster switches go, and there is also room above the cig lighter. But you can only use the 2 1/16 they fit perfect. I will try to get a pic but I am kind of noob when it comes to posting pics.

Mothertrucker said:
do u kno if i swap out the cluster for the new cluster is the tach just magically going to work?????
I've got a spare 84-86 full gauge cluster with under 50k on it. $40 plus ship.

87manche said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but won't he have to swap temp and oil senders?

yup...

ok well since im kinda a cheap person would i be able to pull these items or is it less of a pain to buy new ones (i cringe a buying new thing ,so does my wallet)

Back