• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t-case shifter linkage dissasembly...

Stonycar

NAXJA Forum User
Hey! I just bought a kit, to stop my rig from rattling, that replaces the worn bushings in the tcase shifter linkage. Does anybody ever done it? What tools should i need? Is there specific things to know..? If someone has previous experience with that please let me know :p Pics are nice too when they come with good info :) Thx guys !!!!!!!!!

i've never done it, but i sat under my jeep with a flashlight for 10 minutes eyeing down my linkage

seems real easy to dissassemble, but i realized the rattle i get is from the first rod connected to the t-case shifter handle.......i'm assuming that bushing is worn badly, but all the others were just fine. This is on a 2001 though, your other bushings are probably more worn than mine

On the earlier (I think is should be the same on later) XJ's, You will need a pry bar, and some long nose pliers, and a large pair of slip joint pliers to force the rod back in the grommets. If you degrease everything first, it should be a 15 minute project.

Back