• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear speaker install?????????

WesternXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 96 2 door with no rear speakers installed. I couldn't find the rear speaker wires.
I did a search and found that the rear speaker harness dead-ends behind the spare tire. :dunno: Can I go the wrecking yard a buy the rest of the rear harness?
Anyone done this?

TIA

Ya, I took the rear trim off the hatch and found 3 unconnected plugs, none of which look like speaker plugs.
Yours stopped at the lift gate? In the open area between it and the body or actually on the lift gate?

I have a square plug with 4 leads in it (2 over 2) taped to the harness under the wiper motor. I'll check the wire colors.
Thanks.

Don't worry My 95 didn't have any wires going to the hatch at all but I had the soundbar so the wires probably just went there instead. The connector is under the rear panel that is behind the stock spare. I don't want to run wires to the hatch since I think it would be a major pain the ass. I wish I new if I could put some 6" speakers in the rear doors.

WesternXJ said:
I have a square plug with 4 leads in it (2 over 2) taped to the harness under the wiper motor. I'll check the wire colors.
Thanks.

WesternXJ...that is it. Just converted my '89 from rear speaker to soundbar. The ONLY square-four-wire connector behind the spare tire is the speaker connector.

Back