• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rims n tires for 3 inch lift

I have 32x11.50 BFG MT's on my 3 in. lift and a lot of trimming and no flares. It works well with no rubbing. I have 15x8 in. rims with 3.75 backspacing. The black steelies seem to be a good rim.

Go with 4.5" backspacing w/ a 31 x 10.5 for best fit/stuffing capabilities. 3.75 is going to interfere with you flare (unless you trim and move it up)

i kept my stock wheels on my 99 and put 31x10.50's on them. it looks real good, just rub the lower control arms when wheel is turned all the way. just have to learn not to turn to tight. looks great, and if ur considering keeping stock rims, 10.50 is the widest you can go or you will hit ur leaf springs...

I got this
fka83n.jpg

Stock 90 XJ 4x4 on 31x10.5 on stock rims... I wanna push to an 11.5 or 12.5... Lindon C. Gamble, can u send me some pics of urs to see how u trimmed and how much... Or if anyone knows where i can get details on trimming... Also, I wanna switch my lower control arms to the round metal not the stock stamped... Anything in particular i need to look for on a 3" lifted XJ? Today I am going to install the cowl snorkel that was posted on here some time ago... -MOOSE

MOOSE16285 said:
Or if anyone knows where i can get details on trimming. -MOOSE
Just do a search for trimming fenders. You will find lots of info. Try the Mod. forum & the Pict. forum. JIM.

Back