• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

please give UCA and LCA dimentions

stupidfast

NAXJA Forum User
i have access to a machine shop to build my own upper and lower control arms, rather than spending over $150 per pair. I consitered buying the 4.5 kit for my MJ, but it only comes with fixed lower arms. i realized that i can make my own parts and cut the costs consiterably lower, and i can make them adjustable as well. so if anyone here has any LCAs and UCAs, whip out the tape measure and do me a favor. i need the length and OD of the tubing (that corespond the the 4.5 in lift), and the ID of the eyes at each end. also the angle of bend, and at what measurment to make the bend. i want to copy the design so i can have enough money to pay for gas. thanks a lot. ill post pics when im done. thanks for your help

My lowers control arms are made with 2 inch 1/4 wall DOM tubing and are adjusted to 16 1/4 inches uppers are stock hope it helps. My arms br the way are a modded BDS arm with a RE superflex joint on the frame end.

so 16.25in in length for the lower arms. is that the dementions that come with a 4.5 kit? i think i heard somewhere that your upper arms should be an inch longer than your lower. can anyone 2nd that? please keep the info commin

Just the opposite generally speaking. The UCA's on a 4.5" kit should be between 15.25" and 15.5". I'd say 15.5" UCA's and 16.25 LCA's.

I run 5.5" coils up front, my LCA's are 17" and the UCA's are 16.25".

yeah i now know that your right on the money for that one. good. i can make thoes. hell if im making my own arms, i may as well just buy the 5.5 coils.. lol. but now i hear that some ppl use control arm drop brackets becasue the angle of the short arms are to steep and the ride is death wobbly and harsh. does anyone else experiance that?

Back