• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pcm wiring diagram

ubipa

NAXJA Forum User
Hey.

I was just wondering if someone had a scan of a pcm wiring diagram for a 2000 jeep cherokee. I'm getting a little confused on the wiring and need some clarification.

I'm trying to install a remote starter and can't figure out a tach source. From what I can break down. It seems the ecu uses a crank and cam sensor to monitor the engine position, then ecu triggers ignition via a 3 wire DIS setup.

Is there an aux rpm output from the pcm, perhaps to drive the dash tach or some other ecu?

Please help.

it appears theres 6 coils and three negative triggers. Will monitoring only one coil (two cylinders) be sufficient for the remote start device to work? The directions are specific to hooking up the device to single coil units or splicing into each line using a diode of a multi coil unit and using a resistor and 12v line to produce a normal signal.

There's no other source of a simple square wave for spark?

ubipa said:
it appears theres 6 coils and three negative triggers. Will monitoring only one coil (two cylinders) be sufficient for the remote start device to work? The directions are specific to hooking up the device to single coil units or splicing into each line using a diode of a multi coil unit and using a resistor and 12v line to produce a normal signal.

There's no other source of a simple square wave for spark?
Not that I can tell, it's all data links even to the dash.

Back