• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Found death wobble cause.

godchaser

NAXJA Forum User
After installing a 4.5 inch lift on my 89 MJ, discovered what "death Wobble" was the first time I reached 50mph. This scared the living daylights out of me. I read lots of threads on this, and I actually found the cause (thanks to the Jeep guy @ the tire shop. I asked him were DW came from, he said the track arm was the #1 cause. I told him I installed a new adjustable track arm with the lift. He had me climb under, and he shook the truck from side to side. The hole in the track arm bracket was worn out from the old one. Boy was I glad. After replacement, no DW. Best money I ever spent on tires.

where r u from in ct? im down around east lyme/salem. im picking up an mj on saturday. i cant wait. its the first truck i ever wanted. im also going to put a 4.5 lift on it and run 33s.

I'm from Norwich area. I was going to run 33's but would have to get rims to offset. On my budget, 31 x 10.5 BF Goodrich AT's fit. Keep me posted when you get the truck. I'll send you a pic of the truck with lift and tires if you want. I could also show you the cheap cold air intake I made for $20. Then get a decent muffler and just put a down spout (because it is a truck, and you only need to get past the cab), and you get some extra ponies...

lol i was already planing on a custom exhaust and intake. easy as cake for me cuz my dad works at a shop. :). my lift will be all custom as well with the help of my dad, and lots cheaper. yeah send me some pics. ill send you some of mine.. if i can get my hands on a camera. we should go wheelin when its all set and done. i see quad trails all over norwich. i havent ridden my bike much past salem, but there must be plenty of trails around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back