• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about RE 1463 leaf sag

fdsa487

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i have RE1463 3.5" Extreme Duty XJ Rear Spring on my 00' Cherokee...

The right rear is sagging about an inch or more. I want the vehicle to be level again. I have heard of other people saying that their spring on the right also sags. I would like to know if i should just replace that ONE leaf spring that is sagging or if i should do both? Why does the spring sag and are there any better leafs that I could put on the back that would be less susceptible to sagging yet provide the same amount of lift?

Ok this has been gone over and over. But here it goes again.

It will sag to the right due to the torque on the drive wheel aka your right side rear. Some have had success by swapping the springs from side to side. I did this once I locked the rear and now the jeep is sitting level.....

jrsxj98 said:
Some have had success by swapping the springs from side to side. I did this once I locked the rear and now the jeep is sitting level.....

Good Idea I have not thought of switching sides but I can try it. The rear has had a Detroit Locker in it since I put the lift on. What do you think about buying just ONE new spring from RE and keeping the one used one that does not sag on there if the side swap does not work?

I personally wouldn't do it but..its your money. This might cause your jeep to set even more cockeyed. Try switching them side to side first.

mark91xjbeef said:
i had the same prob. swapped sides and the other side sagged. i ended up using a spare leaf to level it out.

that sucks... oh well i usually ride my motorcycle so i can test it out and see what happens. I dont know why it wouldent sag, ya know, its the same leaf just on a different side. Maybe I'll try that and if it does not work i'll order two new ones. I dont know if i should go w/ RE again though. Do they have some sort of guarantee? Maybe i'll get some nationals built =)

Back