• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guess what got rid of my driveline vibes.

jmsull

NAXJA Forum User
GREASE!!!!!!!

That's right grease was all it took. I pulled the driveshaft off to locate what was loose. When I put the driveshaft back on I lathered the outputshaft and slipyoke in grease put everything back toghether. I took it to pick up dinner and the vibes were gone. I hope it stays that way.

You mean you are admitting that you pulled the shaft to find what was wrong BEFORE you greased all the joints!! :)

We all do things like this from time to time, but we do not admit them :)

don't you wish all issues could be fixed cheaply like this!!
Michael

jrsxj98 said:
Fixed or just covered up!

I agree, but I have found alot of folks with bad vibes after a lift just because of dry/worn u-joints. Most just attribute it to bad angles right off the bat. Replace the u-joints and bam! better. I guess the same could be true of a slip yoke...
of course neither of these by no means should be used as a coverup for bad operating angles.

I have a brand new CV driveshaft, with brand new u-joints, so I don't think anything is worn out yet. my pinion angle is 0 and coming off the output shaft it's 2-3 degrees. I know a cv and a slip yoke is frowned upon, but I have a 242 and heard horrible things about h&t's and don't want to take my transfer case apart to put a new output shaft in. I figured a cv was a better option, I only have 3-4 of lift so nothing crazy and I don't plan on going any higher.

Back