• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement Front Seats

Flyfisher

NAXJA Forum User
My wife hates the stock front seats in my '89 Wagoneer Limited...gives her back pains and she wants more lumbar (sp?) support. Anybody out there got suggestions for aftermarket replacement seats? I should note that the existing seats are electric....leather. I'm must looking for good, comfortable, after-market or compatible replacements that can retain the electric adjustments.

As always...thanks in advance.

Flyfisher

I had problems with lower back pain with a lot of seat time. Sooooo... I bought a set of Beard Ultra seats and made a bracket to mount them on the stock bases (although I don't have the luxury of electronic seats). No more back pain.

kid4lyf said:
That's for inside a Corbeau seat, not an aftermarket "bolt on".

I love my Corbeaus and, by fabbing adapters, bolted them to my OEM seat bases. This allowed me to retain the factory power.
They can be used on any seat!

Thanks for all the advice. I used to have a Bronco II....wasn't a good 4-wheeler, but seats were comfortable. I guess I need to look for newer XJ seats to bolt on to the existing frames. Thanks for all the input.

I would go to auto upolstery shop and price out how much to re-foam and re-cover to existing seats.
Those aftermarket ones are pricey and with seats from another xj they will still be "broken in"

Back