• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Only rear lift?

Pogiboy

NAXJA Forum User
I gave my friend my old budget boost and we need it installed by friday night. But because of our scheduals we can only get together for about an hour or 2 at a time. Was wondering if it would be ok to do the rear, drive it for a day with only the rear lifted, then do the front later that night. Yes I searched but got nothing. Its a 2.5 inch lift. I dont think it would hurt anything, but thought I would check with the experts! Thanks

Won't hurt nothing!!!! Just a reminder about the rear shackles, if you have a reciever hitch it needs to be taken off in order to get the bolts out of the shackle. Now when you put them back reverse the bolt for future upgrades.

No problems unique to lifting only the rear; I had a rear-only BB on my Jeep for months...hence the "Stinky" (aka Stinkbug) name. You may have some difference in steering response is all.

ALL PLAY said:
Won't hurt nothing!!!! Just a reminder about the rear shackles, if you have a reciever hitch it needs to be taken off in order to get the bolts out of the shackle. Now when you put them back reverse the bolt for future upgrades.
When we did my bro's lift we just unbolted the shackle from the body/frame at the top bolt and pulled the springpack with the shackle bolted to it. We swapped the shackle to the new springs and bolted it back to the body/frame.
Thats alot easier than removing the hitch.

Well one. He doesnt have a hitch. Two, I know the stupidity of this and so does he, so Dont tell me how dumb it is! lol, its a 2.5 inch block in the rear, not a shackle. While we know it will KILL the springs he will have to replace them anyway. So its not a loss.

XgeekstarX said:
my buddy had 35's on the back and 235/75's up front for about 4 months and it didn't hurt anything. stupidest looking xj i've ever seen.

your kidding me?

stupid ???

lmao

i wouldnt drive it if i didnt have to

Back