• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moto metal wheels

METAL MONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know anything about them? i found them at 4wheelparts, and decided to look online to try to find more info. I can't find specs, such what they are made of, but i did find a couple of different styles. link below. i'm liking the black 951's, but they only come in a 16x9. i don't know the backspacing either. would a 16x9 be ok to run 33x12.5? i did find the 950s i a 15x8, but no black.

http://www.motometal.com/MOTOMETAL.html

I have seen those on a few trucks around here. The trucks usually have chrome plated shocks and 4" chrome lifts blocks too.

I mount up, on average, at least two sets a week, so allow me to add my .02.

First is the appearance,
These wheels look awsome
on Chevys and Fords. I think they'd just be too much for an XJ.

Next is the durability on the trail.
They are chromed aluminum and are very thick and heavy.
They would probably hold up well on a trail (structurally).
The finish would be destroyed after one wheeling trip, as there are large areas of smooth flat chrome.
Forget about the paint.

The insides,
They are as true as higher-end wheels and have very little occurance of wobble or out-of-roundness.

Personally, I would not recommend these wheels for any vehicle that will see regular off-road conditions.

Okie Terry said:
I think they'd just be too much for an XJ.

is that just because of size, weight, or what? it is good to know first hand experience with them. a friend of mine can get them for about $105 each, so they aren't as expensive as i thought they would be. i guess i'll try to find another black wheel.

Fuel90 said:
is that just because of size, weight, or what? it is good to know first hand experience with them. a friend of mine can get them for about $105 each, so they aren't as expensive as i thought they would be. i guess i'll try to find another black wheel.
Actually, I think it's just too much flash for an XJ.
And yeah, they are a heavy wheel.

Back